Today, with the scarcity of water resources in the region and in the world, strict water control policies are widely applied in industries, so reusing water is the trend of enterprises. For that reason, WATER AUDIT is one of the most important methods that helps enterprises optimize using of water resources. Using water efficiently will save much cost for enterprises not only on water costs but also on related electricity consumption cost.
1. WHAT IS WATER AUDIT?
Similar to energy audit, WATER AUDIT is a method to quantify the sources of water being used in the enterprise, thereby understanding the current state of water consumption, minimizing losses, and identifying opportunities to improve water use efficiency.
To start executing water audit, a water balance diagram will be established based on available or estimated data. This diagram will help identify areas that need to be prioritized for detailed assessment (for example, focusing on areas with the highest water consumption
2. WHY SHOULD THE WATER AUDIT BE CARRIED OUT?
- Identify loses of water consumption
- Improve efficiency of water use in enterprises as well as supporting in meeting requirement on water KPI from clients of enterprises or Law (if any)
- Minimize the waste water increasing
- Minimize impacts due to water scarcity
- Reduce water consumption cost
- Reduce cost of waste water treatment
- Contribute to water source and environment protection
3. WHEN SHOULD WATER AUDIT BE DONE?
There is no any regulation regarding on the deadline for water audit execution, but it should be done when (for enterprises):
- Identify any particular increasing/unusual of water consumption
- Or requirement from clients and related law
- Or it should be initiative from enterprises in fostering the program on energy use efficiency
4. WHO CAN BE IN CHARGE OF EXECUTING WATER AUDIT?
It can be done by staff at enterprises or independent consulting organization/company.
On-site assessment the efficient operation of waste water treatment system for the target of reusing water at factory
Survey textile process
5. ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF WATER AUDITING BY ENTERPRISE AND INDEPENDENT CONSULTING COMPANY
|Water Audit||Done by Enterprises’ staff||Done by Independent consulting company|
Therefore, to have an efficient water audit and the most optimal results, it’s recommended to have good cooperation between enterprise’ staff and independent consulting company.
6. TO IMPLEMENT WATER AUDIT, WHICH MEASURING EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE?
Depending on the complexity/variety of production type, measuring equipment for a water audit include:
- Water meter
- Water ruler
- Water can
- Water pressure meter
- Water flow meter
- Calculating tools
7. SOME TYPICAL MEASURING EQUIPMENT IN WATER AUDIT:
Online water flow meter
Electrical conductivity meter, TDS (total dissolved solid), PH
8. SOME TYPICAL PROJECTS
Water and energy audit for suppliers’ chain of Adidas; support in implementing water and energy saving measures.
Some typical enterprises:
|2016 – 2020||
Optimize water and energy use for textile factories (Race To the Top Program)
Some typical factories:
C&T Vina Co., Ltd.
YAKJIN INTERTEX Co., Ltd.
BROTEX Co., Ltd.
HUAFU (VIETNAM) Co., Ltd.
ECLAT (VIETNAM) Textile Co., Ltd.
FAR EASTERN POLYTEX (VIETNAM) Co., Ltd.
SUNDUCK VINA Co., Ltd.
|2012 – 2020||
ENERTEAM is in charge of technical consultant of the VIP (Vietnam Improvement Program). The main work performed is assessment for identifying water and energy saving measures, training and support in executing saving measures for suppliers’ chain of brands, as VF, Target, Adidas.
Some typical factories:
In summary, all projects and professional knowledge as well as real experience on water audit are often posted and frequently updated in our website and facebook (https://www.facebook.com/enerteam.enerteam.1)
Please help free to contact us for any further consultancy related to the water audit. It’s our pleasure to support and help enterprises in relevant and essential information and achieve the most efficient water audit.